Lucky needs a hand

riotink

Hatching
Jul 3, 2016
Hello everyone I'm a new member...
I have rescued a beautiful muscovy, I was driving and saw this white ball fall from sky and land on footpath near a very busy road!!
Of course she (not sure she or he?) came home with me and she has been named Lucky and is a delightful, inquisitive and sooo placid....so this has been a big learning experience for me....however, two days ago I saw what I believe is a slight infection, on one side only, above her beak (in the red skin area)....I have been applying salt solution and an antiseptic liquid called Betadine....I am concerned and will take her to my vet if need be....I have attached pic...maybe somebody has seen this before? To me it looks like there is a wee bit of pus there?? Or am I being overly worried....I thank you all for reading this txt....and giving me your time

Your Muscovy is beautiful and it’s a female.

I think you’re doing the right thing, but it would be good to take her to a vet if you’re worried. It doesn’t look too bad, though. (In fact, I can hardly tell anything is wrong from the picture.)

Often minor abrasions and wounds heal naturally. This might, too, but I’m really not sure. Storey’s Guide to Raising Ducks recommends antibiotics for infections (such as amoxicillin, tetracycline, or penicillin), as well as ophthalmic ointment. I have no personal experience, so this is just what I found in Storey’s Guide.

Back
Top Bottom