Lucy...I'm Ho-ome!

Crusty McPottydoodle

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 14, 2009
The Wet Coast
I am not Lucy...

Well, I didn't drop off the face of the earth - it was a glorious 2 weeks away from civilization. The cell phone went onto silent and was only checked once or twice a day for messages of which only emergencies would be answered and to send a couple of Christmas text messages.

The cabin is located on a small island and while it is off-grid, we had solar electricity supplying reading light (although, this time of year the batteries need a boost from the generator) and cd/radio listening and propane supplying ambient light, refrigeration (fridge/freezer), cooking facilities (4 burner stove and oven) and running hotwater and the woodstove providing the heat. Along with the hot water, we had cold running water and a flush toilet. To make this even more fabulous, this cabin is right on the ocean front.

I read and knitted and knitted and read and ate and ate and ate.

Maggie the dog had a run-in with a raccoon, but fortunately came away with a nicked ear. I checked with our vet to confirm that her rabies shot was, in fact, current when we got home yesterday. Otherwise, she had her usuall wonderful time being spoiled by grandma and grandpa.

Son and his girlfriend did a fabulous job of holding down the fort at home. Chicken count was 3 when we left and 3 when we got home. Cat count was 3 when we left and 3 when we got home. House was still standing and no sign of wild parties (all frozen chickens were present and accounted for - that is a story for another day).

All in all, a great recharge of my physical and mental batteries.

Now back to work tomorrow and school tomorrow night. Maybe a little catching up in chickenland between now and then.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom