Lucy, My Hen.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Gerardi, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Gerardi

Gerardi Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    I am a newcomer to the wonderful world of chickens. We started out with 12 straight run baby chicks. With nature being how it is we ended up with 6. (we now have 20!) But out of all of our chickens, There is one sweet soul. Her name is Lucy. I was just wondering if anyone else had a special chicken that likes to be carried around under your arm. All of my chickens sorta run away from you but her. She is truly the sweetest chicken EVER! Im not exactly sure what type of chicken she is. One website says Golden Commet, another says she is a New Hampshire Red. But i know one thing, She is the sweetest of them all! I dont care what she is also as she stays sweet. Here is a pic of my Lucy..
    [​IMG]

What Type Do You Guys Think She is?

2. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    Nhr?

3. Gerardi

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    Everything i have read and seen looks like either. I have been leaning toward a New Hampshire. I have a roo also that is the same as her.

4. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    So cute! I have a little bantam cochin, she's white and her name is Sally. She LOVES people and especially kids! My 2 year old cousin can carry her around everywhere (and he doesn't always use the proper chicken handling technique either [​IMG]) I love her! She is not the best example of her breed, but she's a great example of their wonderful personalities! Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Gerardi

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    She is just adorable! I think my last purchase of the year will be a pair (or 2 [​IMG] ) of Silkies. Then i will be done till Chick Fever strikes again next year. I think i have about 20 in my flock. Here are some pics of the ones that i have now

I have 2 pair of these.Barred Rock Bantams

[​IMG]

i have 3 Baby Yellow Buff Orpingtons But only 2 like the camera!
    [​IMG]

The rest just wont hold still to let me take their pictures..(YET!)

6. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    love the buff orp chicks! One of my favorite breeds because they are so friendly and curious. cute bantam BR's, too!

7. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

My wonderful Chloe, who passed away was the Greatest Chicken Ever. she would always come up and want to be pet and held and talked to. she always followed me around. she loved to fly, i would perch her on my arm, and she would fly off, and then come running back to fly again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Gerardi

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    I never really knew chickens had so much personality. I also just got a pair of Golden Seabrights. The little rooster is so mean tho! The hen not so much but doesnt like to be bothered. She lays us an egg every other day! Sometimes Every day. I just went and collected one! If i leave them in there the roo will go and kick them around! Sorry For Your Loss [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by