Lucy the Antisocial Silky

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by artsyrobin, Aug 13, 2010.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Hi folks, i have a little silky who is continually chased by one of the banty hens- she is the only silky and lost their silky roo last week in the heat- are silkies only social with other silkies?

[​IMG]

2. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Hi. I only have 3 sillkie hens and 2 silkie roos. One of the hens stays to herself pretty much because she has a toe that curls under. The two hens pretty much stay together with one of the silkie roos. The other silkie roo is a character and runs around trying to make friends with anyone who will befriend him. So mine pretty much do their own thing and don't keep up with my other breeds.

3. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

When I had silkies, they seemed to only play with other silkies... didn't mix much.

[​IMG] I have to laugh at how many hens on here are named Lucy... I had a Lucy myself... my bet is that they are mostly red heads?

4. midwestchickenwrangler

midwestchickenwrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I have two white silkies and they mingle just fine with all my other breeds. Its as though they grew up together.

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    mmaddie's mom :

When I had silkies, they seemed to only play with other silkies... didn't mix much.

[​IMG] I have to laugh at how many hens on here are named Lucy... I had a Lucy myself... my bet is that they are mostly red heads?

yep she is named after lucile ball...[​IMG] and has that attitude- i have thought of pulling her from the flock, but she gets along some of the time, so i guess its just how they are... she does seem to be in a different mind set...LOL!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by