Lucy the Antisocial Silky

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
Hi folks, i have a little silky who is continually chased by one of the banty hens- she is the only silky and lost their silky roo last week in the heat- are silkies only social with other silkies?

24037_lucy.jpg

Hi. I only have 3 sillkie hens and 2 silkie roos. One of the hens stays to herself pretty much because she has a toe that curls under. The two hens pretty much stay together with one of the silkie roos. The other silkie roo is a character and runs around trying to make friends with anyone who will befriend him. So mine pretty much do their own thing and don't keep up with my other breeds.

When I had silkies, they seemed to only play with other silkies... didn't mix much.

gig.gif
I have to laugh at how many hens on here are named Lucy... I had a Lucy myself... my bet is that they are mostly red heads?

mmaddie's mom :

When I had silkies, they seemed to only play with other silkies... didn't mix much.

gig.gif
I have to laugh at how many hens on here are named Lucy... I had a Lucy myself... my bet is that they are mostly red heads?

yep she is named after lucile ball...
lau.gif
and has that attitude- i have thought of pulling her from the flock, but she gets along some of the time, so i guess its just how they are... she does seem to be in a different mind set...LOL!​

Back
Top Bottom