Lucy's Barn Crawl

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lucille6624, Feb 21, 2018.

1. lucille6624

lucille6624 In the Brooder

Feb 21, 2018
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Hello,
    My husband and I started renting a farm four years ago. We decided to buy the farm last fall because we fell in love with ducks. We were not sure what to do with the land because it's in need of repair so we started clearing sections to make room for chickens and ducks.
    As you know, one duck and one chicken are not enough. We now have 45 ducks and 90 chickens. All but six of our ducks are rescues and all of our chickens were here.
    We have a few other fur babies, two dogs (Mellow and Emmabella), a Green Cheek Conure (Scarlett) and a rescue named Justice.
    Our son is a high school senior this year and since he is no longer in need of my undivided attention (lol), I am currently attending college and preparing to head back to work. My husband is a mailman/farmer/handyman and when he is not busy getting paid to work, he is helping me build up our little farm. We love country life, it's exhausting and rewarding.

N F C, drumstick diva, Teila and 6 others like this.
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hello! Country life will make you sleep well at night. Your title makes me think of some sort of dance. :lol:

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi Lucille and welcome to BYC. Congrats on your farm purchase - ducks made you buy a farm - gotta love that :D

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

N F C, 007Sean, Latestarter and 3 others like this.
  4. Plip

Plip Free Ranging

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Welcome Lucille! Great to have you here at BYC!

That sounds like quite a flock you've got going there!

5. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Quail Hatch TBD

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
    :yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.
    We love pictures!!
    This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

6. Latestarter

Latestarter Free Ranging

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    Greetings and welcome to BYC Lucille! So glad you joined us. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

N F C, 007Sean and Plip like this.
  7. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

N F C, drumstick diva and Plip like this.
  8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under lucille6624 :frow Welcome!

Your title made me think of a pub crawl :p

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

007Sean, drumstick diva and Plip like this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Lucille, Welcome to Backyard chickens.:frow

N F C, 007Sean and Plip like this.
  10. N F C

N F C no time like snow time

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Best of luck with your college courses, your farm and the rest of your plans!

It's nice to have you here :)

007Sean and Plip like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: