Lulu or Louis?

CathyM

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
I'm afraid, after about 4 months, my Lulu is actually a Louis
hmm.png
-- the narrow side feathers just came in (I verified that from a photo taken 2-weeks ago)... I'd already paired her/him with another bantam roo, and she/he follows Jacques everywhere, and seems to "miss" him when I have to separate them (like, when I bring Jacques inside early mornings to quiet crowing). BTW, she/he really does have those lovely green-glowing feathers - I love that!

What do you all think?

78250_lulu-louislo.jpg

Sigh... yes, thanks for confirming... not sure what I'll do with two bantam roos, when nine out of ten of my hens are standard size! Jacques already is quite frustrated that his little "sexy dance" isn't impressing the girls!
lol.png

Aww, poor banty boys. Actually, you'd be surprised at how good at improvising that roos can be! There's a really good thread here under the stories forum about Barbara, a barred rock. It's a really sweet thread, and definitely worth the read!

Anywho, in that thread there is a bantam rooster named Leroy who becomes Barbara's main chicken man. Apparently he has a taste for the bigger girls, and waits until they step into their dust-bathing holes so they lose a few inches. I almost died laughing when I read that part.

So, it's doable!

Back
Top Bottom