Lump above chickens eye.......Should i take care of it?

captainmommy3

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 26, 2012
Okay, one of my RIR's has a large lump above her eye she has had it for about a year now. I know it is not a sinus infection or a cold because it is hard and i am almost completely sure that it is a cyst I have topical and oral antibiotics and a small surgical kit (RN classes) I have noticed recently that it is growing again
barnie.gif
and she seems a bit more irritable than usual....SO! here is my question is it an okay idea to lance the cyst and then treat it with topical antibiotics??? My plan was to lance the cyst treat it with antibiotics and then isolate her over night so that she can get to feeling a bit better does this sound like a good plan or is this a really bad idea....?
idunno.gif

Maybe it is better to intervene now than to leave it to maybe interfere with her wellbeing in the future...

Good luck with whatever you decide to do for her future

Suzie

I will get back with you on the results on Sunday...we plan to do it tomorrow so we will give her a couple days to heal and let you know...
If you go ahead without any response from me just remember that lidocaine and benzocaine and other Caine or cane anesthetics are risky and even deadly to chickens you may know this but just a friendly reminder

Back
Top Bottom