Lump near hen's eye

Southstar

Chirping
Mar 21, 2021
South Florida
Hi, I've noticed a lump near my black australorp's eye. She is eating, drinking, and laying. Aside from the lump, everything appears to be normal. She is about 1 year old. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is/how to treat it? Photo is attached.

Attachments

• sweetpea.jpg
    sweetpea.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 34
It feels firm. Seems like it's sensitive for my hen. I feel like this is a big chicken zit. I'm leaning towards possible cyst. No signs of sneezing, wheezing, or discharge. None of my flock have any respiratory symptoms. Will a cyst resolve itself, or do I need to assist?

It looks like a hard cyst to me. I had a rooster who had one over his eye, and it did not get bigger. I would measure it, and watch to see if it grows. If it ever feels squishy, then you could explore it with a needle to see if there is pus inside. But I would just watch it and not do anything right now.

It feels firm. Seems like it's sensitive for my hen. I feel like this is a big chicken zit. I'm leaning towards possible cyst. No signs of sneezing, wheezing, or discharge. None of my flock have any respiratory symptoms. Will a cyst resolve itself, or do I need to assist?
so if there is no sneezing its probably a cyst and as long as it doesn't grow you don't need to poke or drain it.

of the top of my head i don't know what else to do but you can try applying some ointment to it

Back
Top Bottom