Lump on chick's chest

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by porteryork, Jun 16, 2008.

1. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I just noticed that my Araunaca has a lump on her chest, like a knot when you bump your head. Any ideas? She doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

Michelle

2. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Could it be her crop, Michelle? Chickens have a sack that holds and begins to digest their food, and when they have had alot of food or treats it looks like a big lump on the right side of the chest. Hope this helps you out!

Tanya

3. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    I had the same question a couple weeks ago. Make sure they have plenty of grit. Should go away in a few hours.

4. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Okay, I feel like a goober. I was reading other posts and I was just thinking it was their crops. They are young girls, 1 wk to 1 month, and I am feeding start and grow. Are they old enough for grit?

Thanks so much for the help. I am a newbie so I need all the help I can get.

5. Lea71

Lea71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well if you're a goober....then I'm a goober. [​IMG] Because the first time I saw a huge lump on my chickies chests.....I freaked, ran in the house and hopped on the BYC. I love this place...you can find all your answers. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by