Lump on eyelid

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by trethoma, Apr 30, 2017.

1. trethoma

trethoma New Egg

Apr 30, 2017
    Ohio
    We are first time chicken owners. We got our 5 chickens from an elderly gentleman that gave away his flock. He said they are 1-3 years old. We've had them about one month. They adjusted to our backyard and have been doing great. I noticed yesterday that Asoka has a lump on her eye and she's just generally not acting like she feels well. She lays in the run with her feathers fluffed out, eats less, and just acts unhappy. All the other girls are acting fine. Is this an infection? Worm? What should I do? I noticed today her other eye is getting a small lump too. Thanks so much for your help. [​IMG]

2. BIggoMamma

BIggoMamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2017
    Try Veramycin or other antibiotic eye cream from the farmer's coop. You can also buy powdered tetracycline to mix in the water. Best place to get these products are farm supply stores that cater to cattle/horse farmers.

3. BIggoMamma

BIggoMamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2017
    Try Veramycin or other antibiotic eye cream from the farmer's coop. You can also buy powdered tetracycline to mix in the water. Best place to get these products are farm supply stores that cater to cattle/horse farmers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by