1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Lump on my chickens neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by morgan31, Apr 18, 2016.

1. morgan31

morgan31 Hatching

Apr 18, 2016
    Help!! So I have two Rhode Island reds and one barred rock and I bathed one of my Rhode Island reds because it had pasty butt but when I bathed it I found a bubble on his neck it looked like it had bubbles inside it!!! It is hollow and like a pocket of air what could it be!!!!

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Crowing

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Most likely it's crop. Sometimes if they over eat a bit their crop becomes full and feels like a bubble, it will probably go down by morning

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced poultry keepers - loads of info on anything poultry. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

4. ClaireDL

ClaireDL Chirping

Nov 7, 2015
    Southern Pines NC
    Could it be an air sac rupture? Look it up. There is several articles on it ...Here is a picture of one of mine who had an air sac rupture. It did resolve on its own.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. morgan31

morgan31 Hatching

Apr 18, 2016
    Thank you so much that is exactly what it looked like and it is gone know

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by