lumpy bum

emma lovell

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
Hi.I am.in.desperate need of.help I hayched a chick yest and.he.was born with a lumpy thing hanging out bum and what looked like his yolk sac he.is still alive but.I need advice should.I.cull.him let mother nature take its course can it be solved he need.to be removes.from.incubator but can't put with others.please help.someone

Hi.I am.in.desperate need of.help I hayched a chick yest and.he.was born with a lumpy thing hanging out bum and what looked like his yolk sac he.is still alive but.I need advice should.I.cull.him let mother nature take its course can it be solved he need.to be removes.from.incubator but can't put with others.please help.someone

Oh wow good question, this happens from time to time and you should have a squirt bottle just for such accusations so you can keep the sack damp and just clean water should be in the bottle .....

Do you have a small hand towel to place under s/he and the towel should be damp and keep'et that way and in a day or so the chick will have the yolk sack sucked up and yes the chick really needs all the vitamins & mineral contained in the sack .......

It has a red lump is this just the membrane.he.is.I'm.the incubator as I don't.know what to do I can't put him in with others as worried they will kill him my hatch is over so will he be Ok in incubator if I provide food and water he leg seems stuck with yolk this morning.it's my 1st hatch so pretty new to all this thanks

It has a red lump is this just the membrane.he.is.I'm.the incubator as I don't.know what to do I can't put him in with others as worried they will kill him my hatch is over so will he be Ok in incubator if I provide food and water he leg seems stuck with yolk this morning.it's my 1st hatch so pretty new to all this thanks

Your chick is not finished with the hatching process sounds like s/he came out early so you should just leave the chick in the incubator and put a warm damp hand towel underneath so the yolk wont dry out the chick is savable at this point and do you have a squirt bottle ,,, you should always have one near the incubator ........

No you do not need to provide food as the chicks are hatched out with three days of food and that is what is going on with you chick the sack is the feed for the next couple of days now if you want to dip you chicks beak in some water that is fine but do not leave it in the incubator as you chick will make a mess ......

Ok.great thanks I have put a flannel.in.there for it I'm.worried.about.the pink lump.and.whether.its a prolapse? I don't have a spray as wasn't aware I have read alot about.it but.not.that is there anyway I can.use.something else until I think he has lost most.of the yolk sac on.the tissue paper as was told line incubator with paper towels so not slippery but obviously this just absorbs moisture he was born.yest.afternoon so 18 hrs old roughly he.seems a.bit.week when.I've just checked

Can you post a picture? Someone else was talking about this very problem earlier tonight about their 10 day old chick and I have had this just happen to me. My chicks were born 14 days ago and all 3 that lived had this. One much worse than the others and when I check it tonight there was nothing left but a bald spot. I haven't checked it in several days and assumed that the chick would have to be segregated for the rest of it's life and I didn't/don't know if it is a pullet if it will ever be able to lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom