Lumpy egg-The white/yolk are always excellent looking/tasty

chooniecat

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
central ohio
but shell is not pretty(I don't sell these-they're ours!!!!). Knowledge of what can CAUSE these?Bad pics, as always, but I think the problem is visable enuf.Top/bottom of egg the worst.

Last edited:
No clue who does it(probably same hen-only happens 1x per week) and if it IS the same hen it would be an older hen(3 1/2 yo) probably. Has occured for last 3 yrs. Nothing I can do about it-too many hens. Currently none are molting. I remember seeing similar pics a long time ago.Have found occassional soft egg(has been a smooth egg and only happens 2x a yr. or so)but this egg is hard.

Last edited:
I am going to stick with my guess that they are calcium deposits. I would think if you sanded it they would be white underneath the brown layer. Just one of those anomolies you would have never gotten to see if you only purchased eggs from the store.

Imp-this site was kind of vauge but it was still interesting. My computer doesn't load correctly and I think thats why it seemed like some pages were missing.Anyhoo-ty

Imp-this site was kind of vauge but it was still interesting. My computer doesn't load correctly and I think thats why it seemed like some pages were missing.Anyhoo-ty

The list on the left is/are links to other pages. Not sure what you mean?

OK. I am NOT the brightest and I have returned to the poultrysite and have my brain together this a.m. and see much more there today!! I am going to hang my head now. TY.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom