Luna's LowCarb Cheesecake

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Lunachick, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I developed this one after ALOT of experimentation.

LUNA'S LOW CARB CHEESECAKE (crustless)

1 9" springform pan
    Pam spray
    3 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
    1 cup Splenda (cup for cup)
    2 eggs, 2 eggwhites (save the yolk for breakfast)
    1 TBSP corn starch
    1 cup of sour cream (if you don't have sour cream you can substitute with 3/4 cup heavy cream and 1 tsp of lemon juice combined)
    1 tsp pure vanilla

Heat oven to 300. Beat cream cheese and splenda in large bowl until fluffy. Add cornstarch & eggs & egg whites (slightly beaten). Mix in sour cream & vanilla until well blended.

Spray Pam into springform pan. Pour mixture into pan. Place cheesecake in roasting pan on oven rack; add 1 inch of water to roasting pan. Bake in preheated 300 oven until set in center (about 45 to 60 min.)

Remove cheesecake from roasting pan , sprinkle with cinnamon (opt) return to pan in oven, turn off heat and let cake cool in oven with door ajar for 3 hours. Refrigerate overnight or 8 hours.

You can add your favorite fruit or other garnish before refrigeration. Total net grams - I figured (over estimation) about 9 grams carbs per serving. Hope you all like it. [​IMG]

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh yes, this is definitely one to try. Thanks for posting!

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

ok, that sounds delightfully evil! I tried to pass over the recipe 3 times, now I have to try it.... Thanks, I do love new recipes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by