Lunatic chicks (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by farmin'chick, May 2, 2009.

1. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    There was the BEST show on chicken T.V. tonight! My 6 wk RIR's and 4 1/2 wk BR's, after numerous field trips outside, moved into their coop last week. Yesterday and today I finished their temporary pen/run and chicken ladder. They had an awesome time (see pics). Then, when I put them to bed, I went around to the people door to do a head count. One little pullet came over and snuggled up to me and just talked like crazy about her day. The other 15 divided into two teams and lined up on either side of a vertical 2x4 stud. Apparently, they could barely see between the stud and the wall, and they were yelling at each other, and trying to peck through behind the stud. The little pullet just sat and chatted on while they all went TOTALLY LUNATIC! Dark finally settled them down...Hey, do any of you have a gray, hairy chick like the one with its head poked under the poultry net? She's not after chickens -- she likes to eat CHICKEN FEED!

[​IMG]
    Milk jug awning

[​IMG]
    My coop with ladder

[​IMG]
    The gray hairy cairn chicken

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    wait was the tv show?

3. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    LOL....Sorry, chicken TV is when you go and watch the critters instead of the tube....[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  4. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    OH! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by