Lunch Time!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jettgirl24, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I had some leftovers that I wasn't planning on eating so the chickies got an extra treat yesterday... Spaghetti and cranberries are definitely a hit at our house [​IMG]

The Marans going after the cranberries:
    [​IMG]

The girls polishing off a plate of spaghetti:
    [​IMG]

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Yum!

3. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Lucky birds!!! Also lucky as they are not standing on snow as mine are today! 22 degrees yuck

4. 22 degrees and 9 inches of snow up here missy!!!!!!!

I bet they had a ball with the spaghetti.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cute pics! Mine love spaghetti too. Haven't given them cranberries, but OMG! they go nuts for figs!

6. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    We had snow over Thanksgiving and they were NOT happy.... Didn't come out of the coop until it was gone. Needless to say they were ecstatic when I let them out to free range this weekend! They ate the spaghetti in about 5 seconds, cranberries probably 10... I barely got the plastic wrap off without losing a finger (or three) [​IMG]

7. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    my chickens love fruit, i used to have a plymouth rock rooster, and he loved cantaloupe, he wasnt like most roos that usually stand back and let the hens eat first, he would fight aanother hen over some cantaloupe, i miss him i had to get rid of him, he was a good chicken, he broke his leg somehow , in his huge chicken run, and i couldn't keep him any more, cause he wouldn't fertilize my hens eggs after he broke his leg i miss him [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by