Lung problems *graphic pics*

heatherlaw

Songster
7 Years
Aug 3, 2015
Horseshoe Bend, Idaho
I got freedom ranger broilers this year as an experiment to see if I liked them. I butchered 3 at 13 weeks and had noticed one seemed to breath loudly and have a bit of trouble, but when I butchered his lungs looked great so I didn't worry. I just butchered another at 16 weeks and she was having the same breathing issue. Her lungs looked scary. They had what looked like blood clots all through them and they were pale in color. I've included a picture. Any idea what this is? She was sounding kind of wheezy when she breathed.

There was a lot of fat on this bird. I just don't really know what caused the lung issue. The only other bird still around that's shown symptoms is wheezing with each breath now. She sounds horrible. I plan to process her this weekend and I'll post a pic when I do. So far none of my egg layers are having any issues. They all sound fine even up close and all but one have started laying. My only guess is that they got some sort of fungal thing when their pen fell down and the rain soaked everything and it was a couple days before I could do anything about it

Back
Top Bottom