Lurker out of the closet!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bantam Chase, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Bantam Chase

Bantam Chase Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    SC PA
    Hello! I've been lurking without being registered for a few weeks, finally got my butt in gear and signed aboard! My name is Sarah, I"m from York, PA. I've always had pet chickens growing up (even had one in the high school musical), stopped briefly after being married and moving to town, had a few hens for a year before zoning made me send them up to my parent's, and now have to live vicariously through my parent's birds.

BUT! We're selling our house and buying a property where there are NO ZONING REGULATIONS and the #1 priority is getting birds (#2 is fencing the yard for the dogs!) The coop will be an existing shed that can easily hold 10 birds, 3 goats a milking stand and supplies and I am beyond totally stoked. While only an acre and a third, it will become Bantam Chase Farm.

I've fallen head over heels with the Blue Laced Red wyandottes, and the Black Copper Marans look just like my dear pet Banny from years ago. No simple mutt chickens for me... that'd be too cheap and easy! Add that to the fact I'm going to order eggs to hatch... yeah, I'm a crazy chicken lady! I have an email into where I'd like to get eggs as a 'heads up' but also placed an add on the local craigslist. I have a LG Still Air incubator that I've very successfully (ok, a little TOO successfully!) hatched many batches of button quail and once long ago a peafowl, but this will be my first time with chicken eggs, and I figured starting with my expensive mail-order eggs would not be the best of ideas.

So that's me in an eggshell - can't wait to get to know ya'll!

Sarah

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Hello and [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

4. The Burg Peeps

The Burg Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Ontario
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ontario, Canada!
    CONGRATULATIONS! [​IMG] Hope your move goes well!

Sarah

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC and congratulations on your move to a "new lifestyle."

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hi Sarah!

WOWIE! You're going full speed ahead and hey, is there any other way?? Of course not!

Glad you came out of the closet and joined instead of lurking!

WELCOME FROM OHIO!

Sharon

7. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    [​IMG] So glad you joined (AND came out of that lurkers closet!); I've learned so much from BYC since I joined in 2009, and made so many good friends! [​IMG]

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

10. Bantam Chase

Bantam Chase Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    SC PA
    Quote:Lol, actually, now I"m going to be allowed to do all the things I've already been doing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by