Luv my chickens!!

funniemis

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Hi! Im a new member dropping in a few lines! I simply luv my chicks! Never in a million years would I have thought they would make me so happy. My husband and I got them at TSC with the sales lady saying they were all females (haha) the jokes on us..we have two males and four females. Can two males live in the same coop without getting picked on or killed? Just wondering. .
Happy Hen House in Kentucky!
[/IMG]

Hi! Im a new member dropping in a few lines! I simply luv my chicks! Never in a million years would I have thought they would make me so happy. My husband and I got them at TSC with the sales lady saying they were all females (haha) the jokes on us..we have two males and four females. Can two males live in the same coop without getting picked on or killed? Just wondering. .
Happy Hen House in Kentucky!
[/IMG]

first of of all :welcome, it depends on a couple of things, and this has been my experience only. First, how many other roosters will be with these 2? Second,IMF these 2 are your only ones and they have grown up together it is possible for them to stay together. The only issue there is having not enough hens. Usually 10-12 hens per 1 rooster. I would keep both and just watch their behavior. I had 3 dark brahma Roos all together and they got along for the most part. :)

I think they will fight over females once their hormones start raging. Maybe you could separate them with hens into two flocks.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X2, your bigger problem is probably going to be that your hens will get overmated with only four of them and two roosters. If they are raised together, non-game roosters usually get along pretty well if they don't have girls to fight over if you want to keep them you could build two coops or separate the coop and have a roo side and a hen side.

images

Welcome to BYC!

X3 two roos are way too many for 4 hens. 1 roo is too many for 4 hens. You might need to add more hens to the flock or rehome the roos. The best ratio is 1 roo to 10 to 12 hens so the hens are not over mated and stressed or hurt.

Good luck with your new flock and welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom