Luv My Lavs Combo - 6+Coronation Sussex

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bargain, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    One of the rarest flocks at The Garry Farms have lavendar and large size and fluffiness and gentleness in common!!! I can crawl in our chicken trailors and be within inches of those huge roos and they don't bother me. Big, sweet and friendly, that's my kinda Poultry..

The gentle and stately and SUPER sized Coronation Sussex, Greenfire farm lineage, with its elegant color around the neck and tail feather in lavendar and the HinkJC lineage of Lavendar Ameraucanas continue to stop visitors in their tracks. One recently asked if my coro had been crossed with a turkey to make it that large. LOL, seriously. ( and soon the Lavendar Ameraucana flock will add their name to this rare combo, and perhaps even the Lavendar Orpinton)!!!!!

All my incubators are full of eggs. I cannot buy another incubator or rewire the hatching room, so these are for sale! Compare my prices with any others for this quality of flocks. This is a tremendous value!!!! We have not set spring 2012 prices but I know that they will be much much higher that these. Expected ship date is week of October 31, 2011, if laying continues as anticipated and payment is prompt.12+ means that you will be getting at least 6 eggs and possibly more depending on the hens on the day of shipping.

]NOW for the Coronation Sussex:
    The Garry Farm began its love story with the Coronation Sussex just staring at the pictures, hoping and praying for some of these wonderful birds, knowing we could not afford the "full retail" value of such a rare breed although we longed to add them to our rare breed flocks of our full time farm.

Then a farm to farm miracle happened to us. A person unknown to us offered us some of her young birds, for the price of shipping and a token purchase amount. Paula responded to a request from us posted on facebook. Her flock was 100% Greenfire. It is so amazing that it still represents one of the greatest acts of generosity our farm has experienced. It is described on our website here:

http://www.freewebs.com/thegarryfar...of-a-beautiful-new-flock-an-act-of-generosity

With this as our base flock, we continued to search for more hens and rooster until we had reached some diversity as well as needed size of our starter flock. 2011 has been a year of hatching many eggs until we were certain we had enough to expand again in 2011 and so now this is one of first listings of these eggs.

These birds are enormous in size and though they have not yet been entered in shows, I believe they are quite show worthy. Here are pics of the starters when they were 5 and 6 months old respectively. They are now so much bigger!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We've had rains last month and my roo and some of the hens found the mud and the little gal to the right of the King Coro is in extreme moult and broody, but still gentle to "the Hand that gathers the eggs"
    [​IMG]

Payment and Shipping Details:

These will be mailed the week of October 31 if payment is received promptly, unless there is any change in the pattern of laying eggs, which is not expected.
    The shipping shown above is computed on average based priority mail, confirmation delivery,packing materials, etc. if you want xpress or insurance, it will be more. If your shipping is actually higher, we'll take the loss in order to get these eggs to you promptly. We are very care about selecting, carefully packing, packing materials, priority shipping and confirmation delivery. Usually I compute the shipping based on your zip code but in order to get this package moving at the close of this sale, we are giving a FLAT rate on our shipping. We only ship at this rate within the continental US (48 states). This rate reflects priority mail and confirmation delivery. If you want insurance, it will be $2 more.

Please contact me for your shipping rate if you live in Hawaii or Alaska & also your shipping time may be longer as well.

If you are the successful winner of this auction, please paypal funds to us right after your winning the auction, so we can mail these eggs right away! (our PO ships in the afternoon).
    Our paypal is: [email protected]

Pm us with any special mailing instructions, if you want to pick up at post office, (then we'll need a phone number), etc. Please be sure that your paypal has an address listed. Should you want insurance it is $2 more.

We ship eggs the same way we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. In order to minimize the time that our eggs are on the country roads where we live, we take our eggs shipments to the post office where they know to set ours by themselves and stack on the top of all the boxes when it's time to ship! It's worth the gasoline, wear and tear on the car and our time to give your eggs the best possible chance of travel. Our mailing costs can often be higher than the prepaid boxes but we find that they arrive in better shape, so it's well worth the extra time, packing materials and shipping costs. Occasionally with a large order, we will use an even larger outside box. Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as many factors such as the incubators temperature and humidity, etc are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

We are a chemical free farm and farm full-time. We feed our animals with the best feed, sprouted grains, fresh grasses, treats from the garden and loving care. For more information about our farm, please visit our website http://www.freewebs.com/thegarryfarm/
    or
    facebook The Garry Farm
    or blogging here: http://thegarryfarm.blogspot.com/

Please
    check out our feedback.
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

We also have feedback in the new system as you'll see above

Please pm me with any questions/orders and we'd be so honored to fill your order. Thanks for your interest. Have a blessed day! Nancy

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by