luvmychicknkids

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yotetrapper, May 21, 2008.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Update? How close are you to hatch?

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Ohhh.....thanks for checking!!!! [​IMG] I am on day 16 and TERRIFIED!!!! I stop turning Friday.....supposed to hatch monday. [​IMG] I am soooooooo not sure I am going to survive!!! LOL Thankfully, the kids are not in school Monday so if they really start then, they willl be here to see it!!!

How are your babies doing?????? Wonderful I hope????

3. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Yep, all doing fine, even the two I "helped". LOL I was telling my husband yesterday that I should of left one of the one's I helped little fuzzy butt IN that egg. Stupid chicken LOL. I have some little bantams, and they crawl down inside of my feeder at will, then hop back out again. Well this standard chicken thinks he's a banty, and he crawls in there, and gets stuck. Hear this PEEP PEEP PEEP and have to rescue him. Couple hours later, he's stuck again! lol.

I took my turner out on a friday as well, and they were supposed to hatch on Monday. But they had other plans. When i took my eggs out on Friday, one already had a pip!! They started on Saturday, and where done on Sunday. By day 21 the hatch was over.

Good luck, and keep us updated!!

4. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    See any pips or hear any peeps when you took your turner out???

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Nope, nothing, but did candle one last time (only 2 eggs to make it quick) and the babies are big and moving. Soooooooooooo nervous!!! My temps were a little low for a still air in the beginning.....I went by the directions on the box and everyone on here says to have it higher. So, we will see. They fill the eggs, however, so they may be on time!!!

6. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Well if they're still big and moving, i wouldn't worry, you'll have chicks! Waiting anxiously for pictures!

Oh, I dont even know, what sort of chicks are these?

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    These are what I consider my "emergency hatch". [​IMG] I had the most wonderful little Golden Campine rooster. He was killed by something (raccoon think) and I didn't want to lose all of him....so I got all my eggs (and even took back the ones my mother had) and this is what's hatching. [​IMG] The hens are White Leghorn, Gold Laced Wyandotte, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red and Red Sex Link. Should be some interesting looking chickens in there!!! Yeah, there are definitely live babies. Last time I candled all 12 eggs and they were all alive....I THINK....really hard to tell on the EE eggs but I thought I saw slight movement. [​IMG] So now I just have to pace a LOT, twiddle my thumbs, and remember.....HANDS OFF!!!!! LOL

8. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Cool. I just started my second hatch today. 21 days to go....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by