Lynn (Henhaven) is a Great-Grandma! DUW.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by theOEGBman, Jul 14, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Ugh, I dont want more chicks! I dont need more chicks, they grow into big chickens that eat a lot! But gosh, when I found Rizzie setting on eggs, I couldnt kick her off! They had already started forming, I wont kill the poor things. I cant believe where she was setting. I was showing my grandma a pumpkin plant that popped up by my coop, and there was a smashed box next to it. The box was flipped completely upside down, and was totally smashed. I picked it up and out rolled my hen with about a dozen eggs! She's a great girl, all I had to do was push them back under her and she just stayed where she was. Anyways, I got Rizzie's father, Rizzle from Lynn when I first joined BYC, over 2 years ago. That is actually how mine and Lynn's friendship started, and how Cyn became my aunt,lol. Anyways, when I left she had hatched 7, so here are the pics!

BTW: These chicks are 3/4th BR and 1/4 Dom.

My first view of Rizzie. I knew something was up when I saw that shell,lol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one has a really odd pattern!

[​IMG]

Then I noticed this...

[​IMG]

... and out popped this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for all the pics, but how can you choose when you have a billion?!!

2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I just love them!!!! There is nothing better than a momma hen and her babies!!

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

awe dang... now I am going to have to go set some eggs.

4. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    [​IMG] Babies!!! I love babies!!! [​IMG]

Great-Grandma! Yippee!! [​IMG] Rizzie looks beautiful, Jordan! ...and those chicks are adorable!!! What a wonderful surprise!

You probably don't know, Jordan, but Pearl is sitting on 7 Blue Orp eggs that I got in the swap (for Lori mostly, one pullet for me), and my friend's broody is staying with me and is sitting on 5 Welsummer eggs! There's nothing like chicks to bring on a smile!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for the pics!

5. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Steff! I totally agree, its a great sight.

LOL, Poulet!

Yes, Lynn... babies,lol. Thanks thanks, they were a total suprise! She's a plump girl, and she can be a meany! I did not know that, you've got broody fever as well! Blue orps, lucky duck. Sounds like you are going to have plenty of babies to deal with pretty soon! I was showing all of my cousins these babies and they were a big hit. I'll let you know how many hatch and how they grow!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, that's great, Jordan! You have so many broodies! Great pictures as usual. [​IMG]

7. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Cyn. I do, its driving me insane,lol. My cousin called me today and told me she brought them out and they were walking around, now lets just hope their 4 dogs leave them alone!

8. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    OMG Jorday they're awesome! I LOVE that odd one hahaha

Congrats!

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Awww! How sweet are they?!

10. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Julio! The odd one is really cute,lol.

LOL, Cindy! They are awesome, their mom is great too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by