Lynn's Chick Pix/NC

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LynnGrigg, Aug 25, 2007.

1. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    [​IMG]
    Hi Yall! Greetings from N.C.!
    This is Me & Mr. G.

[​IMG]

Here are some of our birds
    My Darlin' lil bantam sized dark brahma roo- John Robert & yes, I call him John Robert
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1 Here's Shaggy - our buff laced polish -such a shy guy.
    [​IMG]
    This is Maxine, our very dominant hen. I think she is a Dominique. She's a good layer.
    [​IMG]
    This is Dennis, our very large, very clumsy and very gentle BLRW roo. He's also a pig. I hope his manners improve or the ladies won't like him much.
    [​IMG]
    This is a shot of a few of the gang in the shade.
    we have 5 EEs, 3 BLRWs, 1 Partridge Rock, 5 BOs, Dominique, 1 dark brahma, 1 white Leghorn, 1 Buff Laced Polish, 3 Red Stars. I can't get them all!
    [​IMG]
    This is Lady, our big girl BLRW, Lil Bit is bantam sized.
    [​IMG]
    This is Dido and a butterfly.
    [​IMG]

2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Your babies are beautiful. I also have a Buff Laced Polish. He is just so dumb but loveable. Your BLRW's are very striking.

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I love the look on that EE's face as she's looking at John Robert. It's like she's thinking, "why you gotta be so loud?" [​IMG]

4. LynnGrigg

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Thanks Ruth, I think they are too light. I like the darker blue ones but I got them from Mcmurray and certainly had no expectations as to color and quality - just hoping for healthy birds and the right sexes that I ordered. They got that part perfect. I don't know that I'll end up keeping all the roos. So far everyone gets along great. John Robert is not particularly aggressive and is wonderful with the hens. He's warming up to me slowly. I like to snag him every once in a while to hug, pet and sweet talk him. He's adorable. His eyes are round and gentle, not intense and fierce looking like many roos.

5. LynnGrigg

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote:Hey Southern, He's not really very loud. I had a choice between several roos from a friend and picked him cuz he was the least loud. He usually isn't even crowing by 10:00. I just wound him up so I could get a crowing shot. lol! most times I can't even get that to work. I think he was showing off. heeheehee.

6. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    You have got a nice flock there! [​IMG] I love your welcome sign [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by