Lynx problem over.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Thunder Bay Chicken, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Thunder Bay Chicken

Thunder Bay Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    North of Thunder Bay
    This guy got three hens that I know of just last week but I got him this weekend... SAD but if the MNR lets me mount it I will have him done.

[​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Congratulations on getting your predator! I understand your mixed emotions. In July I shot a fox who had wiped out 1/3 of my flock in the course of two visits. I am a live and let live kind of gal and wouldn't have gone out and shot him if he hadn't bothered my flock. But given the losses, it was a nice feeling to eliminate the predator who caused such devastation.

3. Thunder Bay Chicken

Thunder Bay Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    North of Thunder Bay
    Thanks

We are not allowed to hunt this cat here in Ontario Canada... it's trapping only for these,however the law allows for protection of property...

I really enjoy my chickens and this guy took some right in front of my eyes VERY BOLD CAT... I felt it was a real danger as he was not afraid of me either.

I hope I'll get to keep it...then I'll get it mounted so it's not a total waste!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow! Looks like a heart shot. How much did he weigh?

5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Same for foxes around here except during season, because they are in the "fur bearing" category. However there is a provision that allows them to be shot if they are a direct threat to livestock, so I was legal to shoot the fox that visited me, since it had already wiped out 1/3 of my flock in a matter of hours, and was climbing the fence to get back in and start work on the rest.

I'm sure there won't be any problem for you since you caught him in the act.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by