Lyon TX-7 ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by megshenhut, Jul 17, 2008.

1. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Does anyone have one? If so, how does it work for you? I'm looking to upgrade from my hova-bator because I can't seem to hatch much out of it.

2. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    i don't have a TX-7 but I have a TX-6 for sale on ebay and it works great I have had several great hatches with it

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

What kind of hova-bator do you have? I've got a couple of Genisis 1588s that I have good luck with.

4. megshenhut

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    I've got a 1602N that I added a fan to. I'd had trouble keeping my temps consistent. They seem to vary by about 3 degrees.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My 1588s keep really steady temps for me. They have the electronic thermostat which is so nice.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I am happy with my 1602N and as of today my homemade Wallybator hatcher(a walmart styrofoam cooler) have you considered a brower top hatch or a 1588 genesis ?

7. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    what i like about the TX-6 is it has a clear dome where you can see the whole hatching process and you don't have to open the bator to add water you just twist the nut on the bottle to add more into the holder.

8. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I have the Lyon TX-7 and I love it!!!!!!!

Just like chickabaor says that it has a complete clear dome top to see every angle of the hatch and it stays at it's own microclimate b/c you never have to open the top to add water, b/c the water container is on the outside.

The only downside is that it doesn't hold as many eggs as I would like.

9. megshenhut

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    At this point I'm not so worried about numbers of eggs. In my hova-bator, I can put lots of eggs but get almost nothing, 3 birds out of 4 hatches. So I'd be ok with less eggs and more chicks. [​IMG]

10. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Ive never had one, but Ive never heard anyone say they didnt like it. They always go for boocoo bucks, too, holding their value real well.

The only niggle I've heard is they are kinda small, only holding a couple dozen eggs. Other than that, they get high comments.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by