M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Quote:
Would you happen to have photos of the silver laced Cochins? I'm not sure if I have seen that before.. Ever tried crossing silver laced and blue? What was the outcome?
big_smile.png

you are right DT. We don't have any really good chickens down here. I hatched a bunch of Black Copper Marans last year and ended up with 2 Roo's. I just decided to sell 2 pr. since I really didn't want to breed them. I put listing on Craigs List at 2 a.m. with no calls before 10 a.m. My phone was ringing off the hook at 9 a.m. Guy drove 1 hr. each way to come get them. That's pretty bad isn't it. If I had know there was such a desire for them I wouldn't have discounted for buying both pr lol. Hopefully I can put some new chickens out there next yr. I have Bantam Rumpless Araucana non tufted from good lines and hopefully tomorrow I will have 9 tufted ones arriving to breed them with from good lines. I just hatched 2 Bantam Black Mottled Houdans a few days ago; praying they are a pr or at least 2 hens. I just bought 8 Coronation Split Sussex chicks out of GreenFire Farms new stock out of Australia. Have Cream & Red Brabanter eggs in lock down. They were due yesterday but no pips and I blame the P.O. for it taking 8 days to get them to me grrrrrrr. The P.O. has been really lousy with getting eggs to me this summer. I had 5 pkgs of eggs take 8 to 10 days for Priority and of course zero hatch!!!

Quote:
Would you happen to have photos of the silver laced Cochins? I'm not sure if I have seen that before.. Ever tried crossing silver laced and blue? What was the outcome?
big_smile.png

Yeah! I wanna see them all! Especially the cochins and frizzles!!!! Please do share! I live in Jeff Davis county, BTW.

46898_zoo_032.jpg

46898_zoo_036.jpg

Here is a picture of one of my Silver-Laced Cochin hens and Rooster. Yes, I have tried to mix a Blue Cochin with my Silver-Laced. I get solid black chickens every single time. I get a few with a few white tail feathers but not enough you really even notice. Where my prettiest colors come from are mixing the frizzles with mixed Cochin colors. I got some really pretty ones this summer. I'll snap some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Just to liven it up a little, you can find them other places. But here are a few junky pictures from the woods.

17 month old Shamo stag
DSCF0022.jpg

Old English Bantams, photos from last year.
DCP_0077.jpg

DCP_0024-1.jpg
(lost the hen...)

Last edited:
Quote:
Exotic, I was wondering. Do you happen to know who you're supposed to contact about getting NPIP certified? I was told to go through the department of agriculture, and did so though the only guy I found who fit into what (I believe) I should contact him about hasn't even replied.. That was almost a week ago.

-Daniel

Back
Top Bottom