M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

I live in north MS but Willing to travel, trying to find some heritage breeds pullets/started chicks or chicks. Want something docile for once instead of crazy hatchery birds.

Also wouldn't mind finding a breeder of red plye oegb but will take silkies or cochins. Wanting some hens for my pet rooster so gotta be docile stock.

I'm in NW Mississippi-- Hernando, to be exact. We raise the big standardbred Light Brown and Isabella Leghorns that are probably my least crazy birds, lol. I also have Legbars in a few colors and mottled Houdans.

Mostly just posting to say hi! I won't have have chicks available for probably a couple of months. Gotta get my personal grow outs in the brooders first!

I may be selling 4-5 BBS Wyandottes and a Wyandotte/Orpington mix this spring or summer. They are between 1-2 years old and docile. If I do decide to get rid of them I’ll let you know. I’m an hour away from you.
Alright 👍🏼
I'm in NW Mississippi-- Hernando, to be exact. We raise the big standardbred Light Brown and Isabella Leghorns that are probably my least crazy birds, lol. I also have Legbars in a few colors and mottled Houdans.

Mostly just posting to say hi! I won't have have chicks available for probably a couple of months. Gotta get my personal grow outs in the brooders first!
Oh sweet, I get admittedly horror flash backs with leghorns from my days in poultry chain but I know the heritage types are less likely to be wired

We do have birds but alot of mine run basically feral in three separate flocks. We're planning to hard cull this year to try to condense the numbers and clean up some of the flocks. I may of accidentally started a landrace-ish situation with one of my flocks. They basically self isolate from the other birds and have begun to develop their own steady body type and colouring. I just want to remove some of the boys who have too much red in their face 😅

Yes, out on Elks Lake Rd. I've got Blacklaced Gold Wyandottes. Ayam Ketawa(laughing chickens), Marans and Crested Cream Legbar all from Greenfire Farms. A few Royal Purple Guineas, India Blue and White peacocks and Golden pheasants. 3 goats, 3 dogs and a headach!
:frow I'm a good four or so hours north but welcome!

Yes, out on Elks Lake Rd. I've got Blacklaced Gold Wyandottes. Ayam Ketawa(laughing chickens), Marans and Crested Cream Legbar all from Greenfire Farms. A few Royal Purple Guineas, India Blue and White peacocks and Golden pheasants. 3 goats, 3 dogs and a headach!
Sounds like a headache and a back ache!

Hi from Raleigh ms just getting started on chicks , what breeds do best in out heat abd humid summers and fall🫠 had my heart
set on buffs
Buffs will do fine in Raleigh. Most breeds do well in MS. I have a couple Buffs, Rhode Island Reds and Bantam Cochins. They all thrive here! Feel free to hit me up with any other questions. I watch this thread or you can post a new thread. There’s lots of helpful people here. Let us know what you end up getting. I’m sure everyone will love to see pics.

Back
Top Bottom