1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

M42 Ivomec Powder (Ivermectin)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by secuono, Sep 19, 2011.

1. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Can that be used as a chicken kill-all wormer in their water?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Yes you can, I dont know the dosage. I understand that you have alot of chickens. However, keep in mind that mixing wormers in water doesnt guarantee they will all be wormed. If some birds are sick, they will not drink it. Then there's the possibility that some wont drink enough of the mixture to be effective. It's best to worm them orally, individually, in which case I'd recommend valbazen instead of ivomec products.

3. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Ugh, why is the best drug always changing?! I still have half of the ivomec, it's just crazy. I'm not gonna try and 'keep up' until what I have is gone.

I cannot and won't dose them individually, just not possible. It causes a h*ll of a lot of stress and chaos for the birds, for me and then the stupid dogs go nuts over the birds freaking out. They can't be locked up for the time, cus they will just loose it in the house and annoy the cats. [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    They are your birds, do as you wish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by