Mac friendly...

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Arklady, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    Your personal page maker is not Mac friendly. I just thought you should know. No buttons or anything show up except the button for publish... nothing else.

Arklady

2. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh man and I was looking at getting a Mac....

Hopefully it is something that can be fixed [​IMG]

3. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

It works on my mac, but I have to use a brower other than Safari -but then, almost nothing shows up right on Safari so I've learned to expect it. [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Speaking of Macs, the company I work makes software for PCs. One day a customer calls and says he switched from a "regular computer" to a "Imax" computer. I had to think for a few seconds before I realized that he meant Mac. I was envisioning a megagiant room-filling wraparound computer screen.

5. Nyna

Nyna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2007
    Western Montana
    Okay! Yes, I didn't know if it was just me... but I cannot make a my page. I have a mac and I use Safari. You can't publish anything. At least I know now that it's not me being a computer moron! [​IMG]

6. Arklady

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    No it isn't just you. 90% of the web I can use their stuff. But here... there are just some things I can't do. Don't let it stop you from buying a mac if you want to they are wonderful computers... mine is 8 years old and still going strong. Its just these tiny things that need addressed from time to time.

Arklady

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure why it doesn't work with Safari... we're looking into it. In the interim please try on another browser if possible.

8. Arklady

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    I tried, netscape 7.0.2 and ie... so....

Arklady

9. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Arklady, try Firefox, it's the second leading browser (behind IE) and is continually on the up and up. It's free and works great on Macs -I just tinkered around with my BYC site for the first time on it and it, and everything worked. IE is very common, but doesn't display consistantly across platforms -especially Mac- and Netscape is the same, but even less compliant.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by