Mac users:Help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by xke4, Feb 16, 2009.

1. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    I recently purchased a digital surveillance camera and successfully downloaded the pictures that I took the first day. Since then, when I try, the computer says there are no photos to import. But there are!! I can see them and print them out on my Canon photo printer. I want to be able to save them on my computer tho. I use my Nikon digital camera to download by inserting the SD memory card into it as the Mac does not have an SD port.
    No settings have been changed that I know of.

2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    DH says for our digital camera we need to have a separate fire wire and one specifically for that particular camera.

They can be found at an electronics store. (He said Circuit City but that doesn't exist anymore. [​IMG] )

Good Luck!

3. xke4

Feb 3, 2007
    But if I take a couple of random photos on the Nikon using that SD card, the computer recognizes those just not the ones on the card taken by the surveillance camera. I am using all the same equipment that I used the first day when I was successful.

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    His suspicion is that it is a different format, but he said to tell you he is no expert. [​IMG] Do you have a Mac store? The genius bar is very helpful! As is the help desk.

5. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    LOL DH said to call tech support, that is what they are paid to do.
    He is a manager in tech support. [​IMG] And has some "thoughts" on what it could be, since he is a MAC guy. But says there are variables.

Something to do with the camera "numbering" the new pics the same as the old ones?

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Have you tried pulling them in to iPhoto?

7. xke4

Feb 3, 2007
    Yes. I Photo is what I use. I will call someone in the morning. The planets must have shifted or something!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by