Status
Not open for further replies.

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Mace is my youngest BR rooster. He is the son of Hawkeye and Lexie. Mace and big brother Dutch do NOT get along. Dutch refuses to share his 30-something women with Mace and the battles have scarred up my sweet young boy, drawing the cannibalistic women to keep going after him. Mace is pet quality, no illlusions about that. He leans heavily toward his mother's side, who is a smallish girl for a standard BR. His barring is messy, he has a bit of a squirrel tail, and now half of one wattle is missing from his fights.
Mace's best trait is his sweet temperament. He is my only rooster who was broody-raised and just a doll, very calm. I am sad about letting him go and he must go to a home with his own girls so he no longer has to fight. He is currently very rough looking due to his molt and his recent battles, but this is what he will look like again, in the pics below. I could possibly sell a pullet to go with Mace so he has someone he knows with him. Here's my Macer:
DCP_1823mace.jpg

DCP_1755.jpg

DCP_1756.jpg

I live near the juncture of NC/GA/TN in Fannin County.

ETA: Mace is almost one year old. I think he was hatched last May.

Mace is spoken for, pending pickup. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that it didnt work out with him.I know how you feel about your boys from Hawkeye.Let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

You just box him up and come out to Oregon...I told ya i would take the ruffian off your hands. He would be loved bunches too. If you leave in the morning and stop each night, you will be here by saturday midday.
lol.png

Aww..Im really sorry the rooster troubles have blown your way. I know it must hurt to give him up and I hope he finds a new family where he will be as loved as he is now...and girls of his own.

You are gonna make me drive back up there, aren;t you?????

Actually I need to come up and meet with Bantyman anyway, HMMMMM!!!!!

LOL, Karen, you're kidding! I'd love for you to have my Macer. I just finally decided this yesterday after holding in my lap for an hour applying pressure to what was left of his wattle. Just didn't seem fair to keep him and have both Dutch and Mace constantly bloody. Geez, they have enough hens for three roosters and still won't share.
hmm.png

EDITED TO ADD: Mace is an excellent flock rooster. He's extremely vigilant and is the first to make the alarm calls around here. He stands like a barred statue in the middle of the pen when everyone runs for cover, holding his ground. Very good boy.

Last edited:
He's a good-looking boy. I wish I could take him, but I don't have a coop and run yet, because of the rain, i haven't even started. Seems like it rains whenever I have a free day. I hope you find him a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom