Mad as a cold hen!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WriterofWords, Dec 20, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I went out and fed Pudster and closed the coop door as usual last night about 6:30. Babette the duck was already inside and that is the signal that everyone is in and ready for shut-down. When I went out this morning Fuzzy Butt was on the front step and mad as all get out! She spent the night out in the cold in the yard with the ducks I guess, because she wasn't in the coop. I looked up in the tree where she stays and didn't see her so I figured she was ok. Guess she'll either be in the coop tonight or be cold in the morning!

Forgot to mention I kept hearing something outside my bedroom window that faces the front. She must have been hopping up and down on the table under the window that has my gardening stuff on it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Now that is funny. [​IMG]

3. dirtfishing1

dirtfishing1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2007
    Blue Ridge Mtns VA
    I had a Pullet stuck under the hen house last night, noticed her this morning. Not sure how she got under there but she came right out when I took the fencing guard off. I checked tonight and she is in the house.[​IMG]

Dirt

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww, that stinks !! She must of been so mad [​IMG]

This happend to one of my hens not to long ago. She was sick for a little while so I kept her in a crate and gave her some meds, well when I let her out (about a week later) she decided to go outside. When hubby went to let them in he didnt see her outside (she must of been a little weak/off so she didnt go in) so she got to spend the night out, just so happen that it was COLD COLD COLD that night. When I went out the next mornig to let them out she was standing there facing the coop and looked so cold. I opened my arms and she came waddling over which is not like her. I felt so bad... She didnt come out for 3 days after that !! I couldnt belive she made it !!

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I was very glad it only got down to 34, but then again she either snuggled with Nugget, Sparkle, Tux, Turk, Luau, or LaRoo if she wasn't with the ducks. She had plenty of company lol,, but she's in the coop tonight, walked in when I went out to close it up and looked over her shoulder at me like "ok,, ok,, see me?????".

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  6. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by