1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mad at ideal- they are making me wait...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sdshoars, May 17, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    its says sold out, and i had to click the notify me button. has anyone had to do this before, and if so how long did you ahve to wait? i just dont want to pay the ridiculous shipping for the other companies, and all i really want is 4 chicks. poo.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    If thats all you want, try mypetchicken. They have great quality chicks.

3. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    It seems like all the hatcheries are overwhelmed with orders this year, either because people are discovering the joys of raising chickens for healthy eggs and meat or trying to beat the high cost of food by being more self-sufficient

Just try to be patient and remember all good chicks come to those who wait.[​IMG]

4. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Another thing....... if you post you approx. location.........you might find some chicks right here on BYC [​IMG]

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I have to wait until JULY 14th!!!! from My Pet Chicken. I emailed and asked why so long? and they said that chicken mania is sweeping the country and they are having a hard time keeping up. Well, everything happens for a reason, so I just have more time to prepare for the sweet little girls (and guy!) [​IMG]

6. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i live smack in the middle of nowhere nevada. like nothing. so my chances of getting what i want and have my *heart* set on, is slim to none. boo.

7. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    beekissed- what did you order? thats forever! lol.

8. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:You'll never know if you dont ask [​IMG]

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

You could try calling Ideal directly. That's what I did and was able to place my entire order (and changed my mind several times) with great customer service.

10. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Quote:I know! They offered to let me try some substitutions for some of the chicks to facilitate a quicker delivery, but I had my heart set on getting what I wanted...so I said, "I'll wait patiently, thank you, and will feel lucky to do so!" She actually emailed me back and said, "Clearly you are a wise woman." [​IMG]

I ordered Dominiques, Partridge Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, New Hampshire Reds, White Rocks, Black Stars. About 5 hens of each and a Partridge Rock rooster....I think they are just gorgeous! I want to make this my first and last order from a hatchery, if possible. I would like to have the hens raise their own from now on and be bred by the RIR rooster that I already have and this PR that I am getting. I am breeding for egg production and meat, so I wanted the breeds I ordered for a reason.

Last edited: May 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by