Mad Ramble about a woman at the vets...

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I took my little girls puppy into today to have her 4 month old shots. Lolli walks really good on a leash and she was sitting in the floor between my legs being a good girl. This woman walks in with a black lab I always watch who comes in the door because I know most everyone around but I didnt know this lady so converted my eyes to her lab..The lab was skin a bones his toenails were so long that his toes were twisted sideways. My 1st thought was maybe this guy is a rescue to look this way and being brought to the vet.

She checked in and set close by me and she looked down and saw lolli and began a conversation with me. I asked her about her dog she said that he was not good on a leash that he was broke to tie he was an outside dog and she just brought him into the vet for shots. I said I hope they are gonna clip his toenails in the shape they are in. She replied yeah if I have the money I'll get his toenails cut too. I didnt know what to say because She was bringing him to get his shots...Which was good but what about his weight and toenails I thought? So I asked her how skinny he was that I have never seen such a skinny lab. She remarked he was fed 3 times a day and just never gained weight. So I thought to myself maybe he had somthing wrong with him that I blurrted out to her. She replied no there is nothing wrong with him at all...I was called back at that moment feeling heated about this conversation.

So I spoke to my vet about it...He inclined that he has had alot of problems with this lady bringing in strays and having them for long periods and them being in bad shape that he has tried to work with her and the problems somtimes get better and somtimes they do not. I blurted out I felt that the dog she had with her was in bad shape he thanked me for my concern and said he would check the dog out. I left not knowing what happen to this guy...I just feel...so bad I mean I know I have seen so many dogs in shelters and so on and its happen all around the world...But HOW MAD DOES IT MAKE YOU???

Ok I'll stop now...I just felt I had to share this and get this off my chest.

She sounds like a collector - which is a form of mental illness. Poor animals!!!!! I just hate seeing animals in poor shape.
hugs.gif

collectors are pittied and allowed to keep some their pets and I will never understand that....that same type of person if they did that to children they'd be fined and get all their children taken from them and probably serve jail time. For some reason when its' with animals it's pittied but when it's with children it's not....i think for both it should be enforced but that's my oppinon. It takes a lot to make a dog skinny on not feeding them so that's really upsetting to hear
sad.png

I have seen lots of that kind of stuff with all kinds of animals. It is appaling. Unforunately animal services is just overrun now. The only good I could see of it is at least he is alive. I dislike it but sometimes I just have to not see it because I can't save everyone, I try though. I have 2 parrots, 5 dogs, 2 cats, 2 chinchillas, like 25 chicks right now and my son has African giant millipeds. Most of these animals came to me homeless. My friend the other day said that when she dies she wants to come back as one of my pets. I do like my pets better then most people.
wink.png

It is sad I see alot of this around here because we dont have many animal laws. We have a pound and some people who just go out and check on or pick up animals when you call them. The cops don't care unless you kill them in a horrible manner. Frist time here I have heard about someone going to jail for along time over killing animals in over 9 years. It just bothers me alot I do not have alot of money I am taking care of myself and 2 kids and I refuse to take on more animals then I can care for. If I knew I couldnt care for a dog I would never get one to just throw outside to tie up and never care for it properly. I never will and never have understood how people do that. I have heard so many excuese I was busy I didnt have any money someone eles was taking care of it. its one of my pet peves to see any animal abused I went through a long battle with a neighbor and his poorly kept chickens and it was hard on me dealing with it but I would do it again and again if I knew it saved them. I just wish laws around here would get tighter on animal abuse.

I would like to hope a vet that saw toenails like that would trim them for free - for the sake of the dog.

I would be more angry at the vet if he did not.

But a skinny Lab???
Maybe he has worms?? But a good dog owner would have thought of that and had him checked out. Maybe the vet can suggest deworming for a small fee, but obviously there's something going on. In AR I know the AC in most towns would at least go to her house and check it out, but in rural areas there is less help.
I know free feeding usually = fat dogs, but I also know that if someone complains about your dogs the AC here will at least check to make sure they have food, water, shelter and a current Rabies tag.

Back
Top Bottom