Mad rant about the Postal people.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Teresaann24, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I dont know what is going on, I sent a package out wensday to someone in GA. I got it out before the mail was picked up so it would go out that day. My packges before even shipped to Fl made it in 2 days. Eggs have been in mail for 3 days counting today. I had a delivery confimation on the package. Lastnight I check it said it was in Atlanta Ga so I was like YAY it will get to her today. GUESS WRONG. She did not get her package and when I tracked it it was it was processed and left lexington Ky office. WHAT??? It left from ky wensday was in Atlanta GA on friday not its in lexington ky???????

I thought maybe I got the addy wrong..Nope it was right..I thought they was returning it didnt get it in my mail today..IDK what is going on...I know I am mad!!

I told the BYC'er member that if they were returned or they was in the mail too long I'd send her more eggs. I dont know where those eggs are! I guess we will find out where they are monday. If I dont get them or she does not get them monday how can I find out where they are at?

2. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    My husband works for the USPS. In all honesty when I have to ship something terribly important I ship it fedex [​IMG]

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I may have to start to fedex! I have shipped eggs before with USPS and my eggs all ways arrived in 2 days.

4. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Theres also certain routes between two points that are like eddys in the system.

Iam in upstate ny and if I ship two packages on the same day- one to MO on to FL the on to MO gets there day after tomorrow, the one to FL gets there in nearly a week, some times more, often never.

Its possible that the person you mailed it to is in your impossible zone.

Something about where things get routed, and how they get routed. Its not a very efficient system, and some times the straight line between two points is not the one used, they send to near, far, past, back, and then to it.

5. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    I've always found priority mail to be pretty fast, however first class and media mail take some strange routes to there destination.

6. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    I'm a pwerseller on Ebay & I do a lot of international business. I ship using first class international which is the inexpensive one. I live in Ohio and anything I ship to Sweden or Norway gets there in 3-4 business days. Really, no kidding. It takes longer than that to get to California! Also, more packages "disappear" here in the states than do abroad (except for Italy, which is like the Bermuda Triangle). Crazy, I tell you.

7. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I shipped a package on the 16th Fedex, they told me it would get there probably on the 20th. It was delivered today.

8. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Actually, come to think of it - Georgia is my US Bermuda Triangle for shipping. I once had two packages "disappear" there in the same week. Both were last scanned in Atlanta. Hmmm....

9. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Hmmm, well the usps may have just cost me $400. I got a custom order for 150 of my sheep soap. Monday I ordered 6 addtional molds so I can get them done. I still have yet to see them. I need the order mailed by Tues at the latest, and I don't even have 1/2 the order finished. I'm scared I'll have to refund. So right now, I am ticked at the usps.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I do everything I can to keep packages from going to Atlanta, but obviously, when you send eggs to GA, they go through Atlanta. The distribution center must be an absolute zoo. Thank goodness my closest P.O. is actually in NC, not GA. And if I cant mail it from there, I drive all the way into TN (only about 15 miles) to mail it from there. Just say NO to Atlanta!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by