1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Maddie Makes New Friends......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lockedhearts, Apr 30, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Pumpkinpup and I rode up to see Speckledhen and her hubby yesterday. I piced up 4 Barred Rock hens , Bess, Hannah, Holly and Maddie.

When I got home I split the girls up, Bess and Hannah went in with Mace, Zoe & Margaret. Maddie & Holly went in with the layers for now, they will go with my Blue Barred Rooster, Skeeter this weekend.

I go out this morning and of course the first thing I do is check the girls. I see Holly in the layer pen , Maddie I do not see. i start to panick and then my Bronze Tom Turkey moved (they are in the pen next door) and there was Maddie standing beside Prissy (Turkey Hen)

Here are a couple pics of Maddie making friends, or maybe the scratch looked greener on the other side of the fence [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found that Sailor had apparently scratched the bottom of the fence loose. Maddie was a good girl I opened the door and she walked back to the layer pen. She also kindly laid me an egg in the Turkey pen. [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hahahaha!!! Silly Maddie! I was wondering why on earth you put her in the turkey pen, LOL. She went a-visitin'.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaawwww how nice she is making friends. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Maddie is a goofball. We've always called her Nurse Maddie because her beak must be an inch from anyone getting treated for anything. She supervises all bumblefoot operations, LOL.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    It is always nice to have a nurse around. [​IMG] Someone has to watch what the humans are doing.

7. speckledhen

Robin, where are the pics of that little red oddball you took home? [​IMG]

8. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I've got to go get a link to hook my cell phone to the computer so i dawnload the ones I made on the trip home [​IMG]
    I could not believe that he likes to site see!!!! LOL

9. speckledhen

I keep wondering what Maddie must have thought; after all, she's never seen a turkey before!

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Sailor was more upset about the whole deal, Prissy seemed fine with it as did Maddie. Maybe she thought they were really big and really funny looking chickens.

Everyone laid an egg today except Holly, I suppose the move and the lack of all of her feathers may have been the cause of that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by