made a rookie mistake but fixed it...turkey chick with legs straight out

muddypoo

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 14, 2013
newville pa
well i made a rookie mistake after my little ones hatched this time i kinda wasnt thinking to clear i placed them in a temporary box that was already up to temperature without placing a towl in the bottom...needlesss to say i have a 6 day old royal palm turkey that i have to place him at the water than at the food...as he could not stand up...

well i fixed that...hes now up walking around holding himself up and tryin like hell to run....!

my fix may sound cruel to some but it was a genius solution to me!

i took a piece of thick thread and tied it to his feet!....between the 3 front toes and the "thumb" left about 1½" between the legs...but its not tied tight just tight enough to stay for a week or so and tight enough to not slide over the toes..

i just thought i had top post this so that others who make the same mistake as i have can have a way to make their bird normal, alot quicker!

update 1- so right after i tied his legs up he was able to get up and eat and drink...after 3 days i took the string off...its been almost a week now and hes just as normal as the other ones....

update 2- had another one hatch had the same problem but this time it wasnt anything i did wrong...he hatched dried out and i placed him in the heat box with a towel in it and he ended up with the same problem and i tied his legs together leaving about 1 inch between his legs and hes up walking around now

so like i said it may sound cruel but it is a treatment that works fast and its efective!

Back
Top Bottom