Made it through there first bad storm

newchickmom09

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2009
ARIZONA
Two nights ago we had that huge storm hit us here in AZ. We had about 50+ mile an hour winds and non stop rain from 4pm to 10am. The winds were terrible and blowing everything everywhere and the rain just non stop. At about 12am I heard something hit out bedroom window and the first thing I thought was "oh no the ducks are being thrown around". I jumped out of bed ran outside in the terrible weather to see two ducks swimming and diving in the pond.
th.gif
I just stood there getting drinched and almost blown over because I really thought they would be tucked away in there house. Nope they were playing like we just filled the pond with wonderful fresh water. The thing that hit my window that I thought was one of the ducks was one of my kids plastic sand buckets. Crazy ducks out playing when every other animal around is hiding and sleeping.
idunno.gif

Haha mine have been out and i tried to show them their house because its been pretty cold...last night we got that storm and i came out this morning to see no ducks, they finally found their house and they were still in it even when it was calm and sunny again, poor things, they were probably scared.

We're getting hit with our first big storm as I write. We have 30mph winds with gusts up to 48mph. The temp is about 30 with a low tonight expected of .....10.
th.gif
Tomorrow we are supposed to continue getting 40mph winds thru the day but with a HIGH of only 15. SIGH!!!! Gone is the summer.
hmm.png
I am a bit concerned about my Scovies. They are hang'n out in the carport now so are out of the direct wind but with the added cold tomorrow....... well, we shall see.

I can't believe how they can be so happy in terrible weather and why they weren't scared. In the morning my chickens were all shooken up and frazzled.

Side note: that was a crazy storm that swept threw the US wasn't it. Today it is nice and back to 60 degrees outside.

Today it is nice and back to 60 degrees outside.

tongue.gif
wink.png
It's still Sweeping! We won't see sunshine and 29 till Fri. and 34 on Sat.
My Scovies stayed in the carport practially all day and didn't want to brave the wind until I sent them to their duckhouses at 5:15. No bath water for them tomorrow. Brrrrrrrrr! My chooks stayed in their coops/shed except for my Scovies Roo, Blue & he hung out with his duck flock in the carport. I saw a few chickens venture out but only for a minute or two. Brrr Brr Brrrrrr! Did I say BRRRR!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom