Made it to Day 20!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkies4penny, Dec 18, 2011.

1. silkies4penny

silkies4penny Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2011
    Fayetteville, WV
    hello! I have been incubating 6 shipped Buff silkie eggs and I am in lockdown for the first time ever!! I have 6 rocking eggs right now:) cannot wait to see what happens:D this is my first attempt at incubating anything so I feel really good to have gotten this far! now back to chicken TV:lol:

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Wow, that's awesome! Six SHIPPED eggs, and all six are rocking?! That's great!! I hope you have all six hatch out for you.

You do realize you'll have to post pictures afterwards, right?

3. silkies4penny

Nov 23, 2011
    Fayetteville, WV
    well I started with 8 and had two duds that got the wierd blood ring, but the rest have been doing really well. I thought I had cooked them last night, my temp went to 104 for a few hours but they are all still moving around, so we will see! if I can get just one to hatch I will consider it a complete success!! I must figure out how to post pics:)

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I know you can post pictures from here directly, but I personally use photobucket. Get a photobucket.com account. Upload the pictures to there (do you know how to do that?), and once they're uploaded, under each picture, there's several lines of code you can just copy and paste. Copy the line with the [I MG] at the beginning, and just paste it in your reply box.

5. silkies4penny

Nov 23, 2011
    Fayetteville, WV
    I do have a photobucket account, so that shouldnt be too hard... now if I can just keep my nose off the glass of the incubator we would be in a better place!! I am so excited I cant stand it. good thing I have a dinner party tonight!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by