Made me think

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaSB12, Mar 1, 2012.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    I am getting a cat pen put in my garden so my cat can go and play and not be scared. When I started looking up cat pens I found they are now called Catio's. Now this got me thinking do those of us who have chickens in the patio have chicken coops or chickios?

2. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    What a lucky cat! I don't know what your budget is, a friend found a used dog run on CL cheap, just had to put fence over top. Works great both cat and birds are safe.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  3. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

We have a 12x20 cat enclosure made out of cedar lattice panels that doubles as a seasonal daytime chick pen (minus cats) or broody breaking pen, (minus broody hen savvy cats). A cat door on the side of the house let's the cats come and go to the pen. The enclosure keeps most small wildlife safe from the cats and the cats safe from the bigger carnivores. I say most wildlife, it is amazing how many mice the cats catch out there. Our cats especially like an elevated perch with low sided cedar boxes attached. They can keep an eye on everything or curl up to snooze in the sun. Your cat should love its new 'catio' and be safe at the same time.

4. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    I am looking forward to the big wuss puss's first trip out, as he is scared of EVERYTHING the local sparrows are going to have fun. As for the other two clearing up half eaten mouse duty again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by