Made my first chicken diaper today...and the OEGB chick HATES it!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Angelfire, May 24, 2010.

1. Angelfire

Angelfire In the Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I made my first chick diaper out of cotton today and tried to put it on one of my chicks...the spangled OEGB roo. He put up quite a fight with me while I tried to get it on him, but finally gave in and held still. After it was on, he went CRAZY and started running around and kicking and shaking his rear end trying to get it off, all the while not peeping, but seeming to yell at me to take it off him. As soon as I would pick him up, he'd stop, so I knew nothing was wrong and he just wanted comfort...which I was happy to give [​IMG]

But my god, it looks like a piece of trash stuck to a chick, not a diaper. At least it gets the job done, because he did end up using it after all (good thing I put paper towels in there!)

I would post pictures...but it is very ugly looking to me. I took one just incase anyone really wants to see it, though, and can put it up if you like.

2. 4chickns

4chickns Songster

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    I wanna see! [​IMG]

3. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    Post the picture please, I wanna see !!!

hehee

4. kidcallous

kidcallous Chirping

May 14, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] waiting for the pictures....

5. nelgkel

nelgkel Songster

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    [​IMG] waiting to see pics!!

6. Angelfire

Angelfire In the Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Texas
    [​IMG]

Gave in and posted it for you guys. He was never harmed by this diaper, no matter how terrible it looks. It is now off of him and he is back in the brooder.

7. 4chickns

4chickns Songster

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thank you, that's hilarious. [​IMG] He doesn't look too bothered by it in the picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by