made my first incubator...have some questions..

whirlwindschicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
hello!!
i recently watched a video on how to make an incubator so i did it! I made a styrofoam cooler type. Was very easy! K so I have it all set up and such the temp is 95 degrees and the humidty keeps going up and down how do i stabilize this? Also whats the best way to keep the humidty level or such? i know to adjust temp i need to make a few small holes or tape some of them shut but the humidty is being tricky! any help is great help! thanks
hu.gif

are you giving it enough time to stabilize without opening it? Be sure and leave it for several hours for an accurate reading. Is there humidity variances in the room? Near a heat vent or window?

Do you have a link to the video? I have decided to make a separate "Hatch area" for my eggs, as I have a large Sportsman cabinet style bator and it is harder to watch the eggs hatch than in a conventional bator.

Good luck with that humidity!

hello!!
i recently watched a video on how to make an incubator so i did it! I made a styrofoam cooler type. Was very easy! K so I have it all set up and such the temp is 95 degrees and the humidty keeps going up and down how do i stabilize this? Also whats the best way to keep the humidty level or such? i know to adjust temp i need to make a few small holes or tape some of them shut but the humidty is being tricky! any help is great help! thanks
hu.gif

Pictures would be very nice, and also Did you use a thermostat. I can't help you with other things if you don't have your temperature regulated.

The temperature needs to be 99-100 degrees to hatch eggs.

Don't add water to the incubator, buy a hygrometer and keep the humidity at 20-30% (only if you are hatching chicken eggs though)

For other eggs, you want to look up what the humidity needs to be for them.

My suggestions are only to help you, I don't mean to offend anyone, but as I try to tell people "I only give my suggestions to help you to have as good an incubator as I could help you to make it to be"

i have not figured out how to post pictures to this site kinda computer illiterate
gig.gif
yes i have a hygrometer in there the temp is great 99 degrees the humidty however just with a small dish with a sponge thats wet and the humidty wont go below 65% should i remove the dish? i will try to post pictures again but if i have no luck i have some on facebook lol i will see if i can put some here. and yes they are chicken eggs freshly laid even!!
idunno.gif

Remove the dish and all water for the first 18 days. On the 18th day add a dish of water with a sponge and get the humidity up to around 50-70%. The first 18 days should have a low humidity around 30-40%.

Back
Top Bottom