Made my own egg carton label

MarinMama

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
so we are getting about 2 eggs a day with a a bunch more pullets about to start laying so we now have a bowlful of eggs in the fridge.

time to give them away. I bought some of the hexagon plastic cartons that hold 6 eggs from eggcartons.com. They have a sale where you can buy 200 for $27. that is less that what it costs to buy 50.

So now I have an excess of cartons..oh well...these girls better get laying.

i made my own label for the cartons...what do you think?

300862_10150401690718714_767833713_10229313_1873052549_n.jpg

You better go get some more chickens with all those egg cartons you just bought!
big_smile.png

We just ask neighbors and friends and my husband's class (he's a second grade teacher) to save us their cartons. We haven't run out yet, even when we were getting 12-/+ a day from our 14 hens!

Nice label!

Last edited:
thanks everyone!

since I already have this template made, if anyone wants to use it, let me know...i can revise and email the image to you.

you can change the colors, your farm name, image (i can use a pic) or even instead of "name" for the person, you can put "date"....or the saying below.

sheila, i will hopefully get the cartons not this week but next week so i will see what they look like when they come in...hopefully they came in 2 100 carton boxes...

i am also making a "backyard eggs FAQ" as an inset for newbies that are not used to farm fresh eggs..

am i missing anything:

Backyard Eggs FAQs:

Why are the yolks a different color than store bought eggs? Our hens have access to our yard all day long and get sun, fresh air, as well as grass and greens. This healthy lifestyle makes their eggs healthier and more vibrant.

How to Boil Fresh Eggs: It is harder to boil fresh eggs because the air sacs in the eggs are not as big as store eggs. To Boil fresh eggs: Bring water to a rolling boil and add a handful of salt. Slowly lower eggs into the water and let cook at a gentle boil for 8-14 mins depending on egg size and how you like them cooked. Drop in ice water bath.

How do I store backyard eggs? We like to keep ours refrigerated so they last longer.

Who laid what?
Blue/green: Easter Eggers (Trixie)
Light Brown: Buff Orpingtons (Ginger)
Cream: Silkies (Silkie J)
Big Dark Brown: Welsummer, Winnie

Why are the eggs different sizes?
We have a mixed flock of both Bantam and Fullsize chickens. Bantam chickens are just the miniature of their counterpart and the eggs taste the same.

Last edited:
Hey Henicillin! Where do you live in East Nassau, NY that you can keep that many birds? How big is your property? I thought I had too many!
tongue.png

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom