Made some lovely headbands

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by vfem, Oct 21, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I made one for my daughter with spiderweb glitter fabric, then a friend asked for one... then another friend... so I made a whole bunch of everyday one's. Been busy at the sewing machine.

Especially since my oven died and I can't bake my biscotti [​IMG]

These have been awesome for holding the hair out of my face, and since I hacked it all off, it gets in my face a lot since I can't put it back anymore. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://shannong.etsy.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I want to make one with devil horns on it for halloween! [​IMG] Working that one out today.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    ohhh those are cute I could sure use some, I have a few but they always slide off [​IMG]

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are great!! I wish I could sew, I can do about everything else, and my whole mom's family was fabulous seamstresses, but I can't hardly hem. Even my dad's mother was a whiz with the needle, her embroidery and crocheting was just outstanding. Quilting was another talent; she made a comforter, which I still have but don't use as its do delicate of my grandpa's neckties. So neat, and so pretty!! A great way to get rid of those old ties!

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Oooh, neckties?! WOW! Now that is super creative. Creativity obviously runs in the family... you have other talents so its ok [​IMG]

Quote:I have that issue! I bought 2 from target at $10 each and they never stayed in... I thought it was because my hair is so thick and wavy. These stay in just fine, but I actually stopped and measured my head before I made mine. I'm thinking the ones from Target were just improperly measured to start with (and the metal piece on the back of those straps hurt my head). I'm hoping selling these for Christmas will get some great feedback.

I do have some buttons and butterfly pieces I am going to start sewing on some other one's I'm planning to make them more modern and fun!

5. ebwy

ebwy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2009
    UK
    those headbands are lovely [​IMG]

6. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Fabric glue & hem tape a double sided sticky tape is WONDERFUL for these kind of projects.

Vfem... how wonderful to see, I was going to make myself some today actually to keep my hair out of my face... darn plastic ones give me a headache.. and like someone said the store bought ones are always sliding backward on my head or pulling the hair up halfway at the nape of my neck.. how annoying!!!! One can only wear so many pony tails!!!!!

Thanks for the inspirations!

7. Haleth

Haleth Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    Southern California
    I love those! Especially the spiderweb ones. I'm only passable as a seamstress, but I think I could try to make those. [​IMG] Great job, vfem!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by