Made Them More Amiable but Now They Demand My Presence

Socrates399bc

Hatching
Nov 11, 2015
Especially with the change in weather they've gotten more demanding and vocal but only when I leave them. I'm home often and like being outside with them when I can but the dynamic has gotten out of control; I don't want to be "that neighbor." I've resorted to sound proofing their coop and confining them to it whenever get too worked up. Is their something I'm doing wrong?

0.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
I really liked your video. You are part of their flock, and they are calling you to come out and play and then welcoming you when you appear. They may also be saying, "Bring us some of those treats." By comparison to 'really noisy' ducks they are not all that bad. Do you provide feed ad lib or do you feed 'meals' a couple of times a day?

I loved your video and your ducks are adoreable. They really didn't seem that loud to me. I've got several ducks that sound like a foghorn going off. My ducks usually make a lot of noise in the mornings when I come out with their food. I would provide them with food and water at all times and the quacks are just a greeting to you. I would not punish them by putting them back in their coop. Their just being ducks.

Patty

@sourland I feed twice a day, their regular layerfeed and a bowl of chopped greens.
@pattyhen They have constant water except overnight and they forage after their breakfast. It was hard trying to capture their full on cackles but when all 4 get going its much worse than in the vid.

I'm glad the video is so much enjoyed!

Especially with the change in weather they've gotten more demanding and vocal but only when I leave them. I'm home often and like being outside with them when I can but the dynamic has gotten out of control; I don't want to be "that neighbor." I've resorted to sound proofing their coop and confining them to it whenever get too worked up. Is their something I'm doing wrong?
I love your video! I don't think you're doing anything wrong. In fact, your ducks seem nice and friendly, so I would say you are certainly doing something right, lol. I wish I had a YouTube channel, so I could post a video and show you what it's like when you have fourteen of those gabby things going off at once!

I love your video! I don't think you're doing anything wrong. In fact, your ducks seem nice and friendly, so I would say you are certainly doing something right, lol. I wish I had a YouTube channel, so I could post a video and show you what it's like when you have fourteen of those gabby things going off at once!
The backyard lawn has never looked so green with all the natural fertilizer they provide; with 4 loud females and only 1 laying you have to look for the silver lining . Hosing things down would be a full time job with 14, I'm at it at least once a week trying to keep the area hospitable for more than just those with just feathers.

Back
Top Bottom