Madigin Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MrBockBahhk, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MrBockBahhk

MrBockBahhk Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2013
    The North West, WA
    Hello all,
    I'm looking to find the breed of bird I have. Inherited him when we bought a new house. Went on Craigslist to research people who wanted a rooster (He's a bully and I don't have enough hens for 2 roosters) and found he may be a rare type of bird. Any input? I think he may be a Madigin Rooster.
    20170913_144949.jpg 20170913_144939.jpg

Crazy for Chickens! likes this.
  2. Poultrybreeder

Poultrybreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2017
    Madigins have straight combs, and are gamebirds, that really looks like a barnyard rooster. Not sure in breed though

3. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Looks like a run-of-the-mill Easter Egger to me.

4. Poultrybreeder

Poultrybreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2017
  5. SOHC-FTW

SOHC-FTW Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    Fleetwood NC
    It could have some grey hatch in its blood but as beefy as it is amongst other things it looks to at best to have a bit of gamefowl in it not full maybe a 1/4 at best

Unless you know the breeder and lines its just a mix and we nor you will likely ever know we are just able speculate and give a educated guess at best.

6. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2017
    US
    He is GEORGOUS!! He looks like he has either some game bird in there, or it looks like he may even have some long tail breeds in there too. VERY pretty tail! He looks to be in perfect condition! Even if he is a mix, I should think you could get some money for him, as pretty as he is! I know I would, but we don't have room for another rooster.

drumstick diva likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    beautiful roo mixed breed

8. MrBockBahhk

MrBockBahhk Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2013
    The North West, WA
    Awesome input! Thank you everyone. Educated guesses is all I was really looking for lol i know it can be very difficult to distinguish with chicken "mutts". He really is a pretty bird though. I try to pick up tail feathers as he loses them. They make good shop decorations.

chicken4prez likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by