Madison county, IL. NO CHICKENS

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by katschicks11, Dec 21, 2012.

1. katschicks11

katschicks11 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    Edwardsville, IL
    I live way out of town limits, have just under 5 acres, don't live in any HOA. Just found out I can't have chickens! Neighbor who has been a problem since moving in called me said , I had to get rid of my rooster or they will call county zone and complain, that I can't have chickens unless I have 10 acres or more or a permit.
    I called city who's name I live under they say your fine your out of town, but you might call the county # and ask them, I did they said NO, permit app fee is $300. and that is no guarantee that you will get one.
    So this mornin I have to get rid of my good rooster who does not crow that much to appease them, and hope they still don't call. Which I don't trust because their past history. [​IMG]

2. alepovsky13

alepovsky13 New Egg

Feb 25, 2014
    Have you been following any changes to this ordinance? I saw in some meeting minutes from Oct 2013 that planning and development was looking at changes to this in their sustainability plan but nothing since. Are there currently any groups out there working to get this changed?! I live on 2.5 acres and will talk to my neighbors and hope none of them has any problems with a few hens!

3. LNSu

LNSu New Egg

Nov 8, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by