Madonna is a MAN? My Sex Link and Ameraucana are both roo's?

Quote:
Well it's (supposed to be) a light/gold sex link which are not quite as red as the others. I have seen them be girls with some white underneath, but I am looking at other pics of male sex links and they looks just the same! I thought males would be ALL white (or yellow as chicks)! that was my one absolute guarantee (but they were ALL supposed to be pullets)

Boys like everyone else says including yourself.
wink.png

I've seen a bin of sexlink chicks at the feed store containing both male and female sexlinks. However, the feed store was correct in that the sexlinks were not labeled pullets! So I'm sure some unsuspecting person saw it and automatically assumed all female.

Quote:
LOL! Definitely denial!! And yes I vote for rooster muzzles!
wink.png

Quote:
Illia if not Ameraucana then what? It seems like their looks can have a pretty wide variation from what I've seen, and it looked like/hatched from a batch of Ameraucana - sent from the hatchery

The thing that baffles me the most is the Sex Link. Is it just not a sex link then? It looked like a girl as a chick (with cinnamon down the back, and was not all yellow like a boy would be) And now is still not all white!!!

Thanks Kassaundra. I love the coloring too, makes me even more sad to have to get rid of him
sad.png

That is a Sex Link boy, trust me. Girls will be SOLID brown with tiny bits of white. Boys will be white with brown and red shoulders.

The other is an Easter Egger. It's a crossbred chicken that carries the blue egg gene, but if it were a girl is likely to lay a green egg. Real Ameraucanas are not sold at hatcheries - Despite the lies that hatcheries will tell you.

Quote:
Illia I would love to see pictures of your girls, so I can see the real deal. I have read that about hatcheries as well. I have another EE that lays the biggest pale green eggs, which is why I got two more.

Thanks everybody, now I just need to figure out what to do with them. I don't think my neighbors would be very pleased if I keep either!

Quote:
Illia I would love to see pictures of your girls, so I can see the real deal. I have read that about hatcheries as well. I have another EE that lays the biggest pale green eggs, which is why I got two more.

Thanks everybody, now I just need to figure out what to do with them. I don't think my neighbors would be very pleased if I keep either!

Black Ameraucana pullet

5116091538_408fdcff52_z.jpg

broody and fluffed up Blue Ameraucana pullet

5034591226_44465ed86e_z.jpg

Wheaten Ameraucana pullet

5031936715_9f5553916b_z.jpg

And some Araucanas. . . .

Brown-Red (project color) Araucana pullet

4996328244_9b84f81c36_z.jpg

Splash Araucana pullet

4996536491_5d9c8c7f38_z.jpg

Silver Duckwing Araucana pullet

5034577800_352ec923e7_z.jpg

Most of my tufted Araucanas are my boys though, as breeding a tufted x tufted can genetically kill off 25% of the chicks before they hatch.

Sadly my only laying Easter Egger hen lays brown eggs. . . . I've got some Easter Eggers I made myself with Araucana or Ameraucana parents, but they're months away from laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom