Rubberducky3

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2018
Hi! I’m attempting to hatch my first batch of ducklings on my own. I’m looking for advice on this incubator. I have the temp set at 37.5C I’ve seen mixed messages as to the lockdown. What do you set the temp at during lockdown and how do you increase the humidity? I don’t want it to jump too high or not be high enough.
TIA

Howdy :frow
Welcome to Backyard Chickens.
I don't have any experince with that brand incubator but you can leave the temp the same for hatching as it was for incubation.
Here's a link to the Incubation and Hatching thtead. It would be best to ask your questions there.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/incubating-hatching-eggs.5/

No need to increase temp, humidity should be around 70 to 80%. Do you have the 12 egg magicfly? Janoel 12 egg is the same incubator, search both of these on youtube for a lot of good info/demo. You can add water to the bottom if that does not get it up enough wet sponge or paper towel can help....you need to get a hygrometer so you know where your at first.

:welcome
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.
Calibrate the hygrometer to make sure if reads correctly too.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

G'Day from down under Rubberducky3 :frowWelcome and good luck with the hatch!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. There are some down the bottom of the page which are duck specific. Also, there are a couple under the heading of 'Incubating Eggs & Raising Chicks' which might be helpful.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in this link:

Back
Top Bottom