Silver Laced Wyandottes

• Total voters
Here is my Ruth (aka The Notorious RBG). She is almost 5 months old now. She got her name because when whe was younger, she had a darker head with a stunning white lace collar around her neck. We had two originally but lost one to Mareks 😢. Ruthie loves a nice dust bath, and that’s usually the only time I can pick her up because she goes almost comatose when she’s enjoying her bath😂.

Attachments

• 3E51E515-6ED8-43E6-BCE0-1A849C063CB7.jpeg
    3E51E515-6ED8-43E6-BCE0-1A849C063CB7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 5D8C7705-6BAC-47C3-8F9E-BEC5179698D0.jpeg
    5D8C7705-6BAC-47C3-8F9E-BEC5179698D0.jpeg
    849.2 KB · Views: 17
Wonderful Layers, Lays Light Tan Large sized egg, very sweet, mellow tempered bird, Very Broody, Great Mothers.
Very broody?! Mine never went broody, and she was around 5 years old. I wanted her to raise me some chicks. I had to use an incubator. Wonder why mine never went broody?

They have Pea Combs.
I thought they were rose combs...?

This thread is going to be based on the Silver Laced Wyandotte. These birds are regal and majestic birds. Truly wonderful!

This thread is for fellow BYC SLW lovers and admires! Share your info, and please do not hesitate to ask any questions! Let us know about you're flock!
IMG_5475.JPG

This is Tiny. Sadly, I lost her a few months ago. She gave me three roosters and six hens last year, and one rooster and three hens this year. All the chicks are half SLW and half Rhode Island Red, except one.

IMG_5976.JPG

One of the half SLW roosters, Patriot (above), mated with my GLW and I expected a chick to look mostly like a GLW, but with some white and red. Which is why I named her Gazette. What is black and white and red all over? A newspaper! I picked Gazette as her name while she was still just an egg. But... she ended up looking like a SLW, even though she's only 1/4 SLW. 😆 The name stuck though. Her lacing isn't as complete, but I think she's still wonderful. Here she is:

IMG_9550.JPG

IMG_9463 (2).JPG

I'll start- I own 1 SLW rooster- Romeo (Whom is pictured in my profile picture!❤️🐓) he is incredibly sweet and docile. He's 1.5 y.o.
I also have 6 SLW hens. (All 5 week old chicks)
Romeo is gorgeous!

I was excited to add a pair of SLWs to my flock this spring. They were the flightiest chicks I've raised yet. I was starting to worry about that, as all our gals are pretty much just pets, but they calmed down considerably as they matured.
20211021_185942.jpg
Their names are Joan and Jet. Jet is the darker with less lacing. I know its considered "incorrect" for the breed, but I think she's beautiful for that uniqueness.
20211021_185804.jpg
20211021_185742.jpg

I was excited to add a pair of SLWs to my flock this spring. They were the flightiest chicks I've raised yet. I was starting to worry about that, as all our gals are pretty much just pets, but they calmed down considerably as they matured.
View attachment 2874125
Their names are Joan and Jet. Jet is the darker with less lacing. I know its considered "incorrect" for the breed, but I think she's beautiful for that uniqueness.
View attachment 2874129
View attachment 2874131
Joan Jet. 😆 I love it!

They are gorgeous, and I also LOVE how Jet has so much "jet" black compared to Joan. (Couldn't resist a pun. 😂) Absolutely beautiful, even if it's not "correct." She's wonderful just the way she is. 😁 ❤️

Some of y'all convinced me to start Silver Laced Wyandotte thread, so here goes! Come support and join me!

Silver Laced Wyandotte (SLW) chickens are the parents of all the Wyandotte chicken kind. All other patterns and colors of the Wyandottes that we are familiar with today all originated from the Silver Laced. Wonderful Layers, Lays Light Tan Large sized egg, very sweet, mellow tempered bird, Very Broody, Great Mothers. They have Pea Combs. Most common varieties of the Wyandotte are the Silver Laced, Golden Laced, Blue Laced Red & Columbian. Though there are many other varieties.
This thread is going to be based on the Silver Laced Wyandotte. These birds are regal and majestic birds. Truly wonderful!

This thread is for fellow BYC SLW lovers and admires! Share your info, and please do not hesitate to ask any questions! Let us know about you're flock!

I'll start- I own 1 SLW rooster- Romeo (Whom is pictured in my profile picture!❤️🐓) he is incredibly sweet and docile. He's 1.5 y.o.
I also have 6 SLW hens. (All 5 week old chicks)

Please attempt to remain on subject- Silver Laced Wyandottes. Thank you!

*Note: The pictures down below are not mine. I got them off Google. ;)
View attachment 2835589View attachment 2835593 We have a silver laced Wyandotte rooster named Jubel early and we have a mixed block with 2SLW pins 1GLW

Back
Top Bottom